The importance of lifelong learning in today's economy
In a world where the average attention span is said to be just eight seconds, it pays more than ever for organizations to have employees who are lifelong learners.
Lifelong learning is defined as "the voluntary engagement in learning activities within and outside formal educational settings throughout one's life."
There are countless benefits of having employees who are lifelong learners, but here are just a few:
- Lifelong learners are always up-to-date on the latest trends.
- They're able to adapt to change quickly.
- They're always looking for ways to improve.
- They're never satisfied with the status quo.
- They're always looking for new challenges.
- They're never afraid of change.
- They're always open to new ideas.
- They're always willing to learn new things.
- They're never afraid to fail.
- They're always willing to take risks.