Finding and keeping a job in a competitive market
It can be hard to find and keep a job in a tough job market. But there are some things you can do to improve your chances.Finding and keeping a job in a competitive market.
Here are some tips for finding a job:
- Use all of your resources. Networking is important, but don’t forget to use online resources, like job boards and LinkedIn.
- Be persistent. Keep applying and don’t give up.
- Tailor your applications. Make sure your resume and cover letter are tailored to each position you apply for.
- Stand out. Find a way to make yourself stand out from the other applicants.
- Be prepared. When you do get an interview, make sure you’re prepared to answer common interview questions.
- Do your best. Show up on time and work hard.
- Get along with others. Be a team player and get along with your co-workers.
- Follow the rules. Follow the company’s rules and policies.
- Be flexible. Be willing to take on new tasks and responsibilities.
- Communicate. If you have a problem, talk to your boss or co-workers.